Links > Med.-Biolog. Studium
TIPPS rund ums medizinisch-biologische Studium
An excellent site run by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with access to news, health information and US health data and statistics. From this site you can also access the following sites hosted by the CDC, or use the links here for direct access to each.
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports
Accessible data from the CDC journal, with a useful search facility and ability to go directly to Morbidity and Mortality Tables. Each report is also available in full text: Portable Document Format (PDF). US data only.
National Center for infectious Diseases
Comprehensive site containing publications, disease information, and information about NCID research programmes, laboratories and resources.
CDC Prevention Guidelines Database
Full text articles of all information in this database, including outbreak and case reports of infectious diseases, in addition to recommendations and guidelines for prevention and treatment.
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
Easily accessible information about APIC, a voluntary international organisation promoting healthcare epidemiology. Features of the site include a forum for professionals, a network list and a resource centre containing abstracts from the American Journal of Infection Control.
World Health Organisation
A useful access point for all WHO information, including the World Health Reports and the Weekly Epidemiological Record.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Information on research topics centres and contacts within LSHTM, Britains national school of public health.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health is a professional, awarding and campaigning body at the forefront of environmental and public health and safety.
US Government Hygiene Information
Consumer information from the US Federal Government, containing advice on kitchen hygiene to prevent food-borne infections.
Soap and Detergent Association (SDA)
The SDA is dedicated to advancing public understanding of the safety and benefits of cleaning products, by developing and sharing scientifically sound information with the technical community, policy makers, child care and health professionals, educators, communicators and consumers.
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC)
EUFIC is an independent, non-profit-making organisation that provides health educators, opinion leaders and the news media with science-based information on foods and food-related issues in order to inform consumers in the European Union on nutritional quality and safety of foods.
The Hospitality Institute of Technology and Management (HITM)
HITM is a food science-based company for the retail food industry focussing on HACCP principles and practices with relevant scientific research and consulting materials. This site includes over 100 references on handwashing.
Handwashing Requirements in a Restaurant.
The project -- OnlineSchools.org -- is a general information website with many resources useful to prospective students interested in advancing their education. Among the many subjects covered on our site, we discuss the offline and online educational paths one can follow to obtain a degree in public health or a related field:
As a valuable resource to anyone interested in a career in public health, I thought the project could be of interest to yourself and others who frequently visit the AeGU site.
This site has a new and improved search tool for accredited college degree programs. It is so critical that folks attend accredited programs to ensure they receive transferable credits and qualify for financial aid.
This organization has created a location based search tool for universities, online colleges, and community colleges across the nation (with a nice Google maps interface). The site also provides some very relevant college statistics and information.
AffordableCollegesOnline.org is dedicated to providing free higher education tools and information for current and future college students and their families.
Political Science education and resources
Coursera: Discover an online course and enroll today
Online Biology Degree: list and description of Online Schools Offering Biology and Related Science Programs.
How to study in Germany
Master Courses in Health Informatics.
Decubitus (Druckgeschwür)-Prophylaxe und Therapie.
The Consumer Justice Foundation is committed to educating the public about the dangers of prescriptions and defective products.
Asbestos and Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma Resource Online, Asbestos, Mesothelioma Alliance, Mesothelioma Rights, Awareness Center, Pleural Mesothelioma, Mesothelioma Group, Lawyer Center, Malignant Mesothelioma Guide, Mesothelioma Specialists, Mesothelioma Help, Mesothelioma Clinic, Mesocare.org, Mesothelioma.net, Mesothelioma Help Now, Mesothelioma Fund, Mesothelioma Lawyers
Alphabetisches / Alphabetical
- Access Excellence Graphic Gallery 120+ graphics/info on biological topics
- Algae 43 species, photos descriptions
- American Type Culture Collection Home Page
- Amoeba Gif
- Bacteria Photos Descriptions
- Bacteria: 29 photos; descriptions
- Bacteria: Aerobes Rods & Cocci
- Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases
- Bacterial Morphology
- Bacteriology - Extensive hyperlinks to many topics
- Biological Warfare
- Borrelia burgdorferi I Lyme disease
- Borrelia burgdorferi II Lyme disease
- Borrelia burgdorferi III Lyme disease, photomicrographs
- Cells Alive Microbiology - immune system, etc.
- Ciliates History, ecology
- Cyanobacteria General introduction
- Diatoms Classification, morphology, research, taxonomy, etc.
- Didinium GIF
- Digital Learning Center for Microbial Ecology
- Disease Information Diseases arranged alphabetically
- Drug Dangers
- Electron Micrograph Images: Animal Viruses
- Encephalitis: Arboviral
- Euglenophyta: Euglena
- Flu prevention
- Fossil Record of the Bacteria
- Fungi: Introduction
- Fungi: Phylogeny
- Fungus Kingdom
- Gallo, Robert Retroviruses
- Hepatitis A, B, and C Hyperlinks
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Illustration, structure, reproduction
- Influenza A Virus Replication
- Introduction to the Bacteria
- Introduction to the Chlorophyta Green algae
- Introduction to the Phaeophyta
- Introduction to the Rhodophyta
- Introduction to the Viruses
- Lung Cancer Alliance
- Lichens Phylum Mycophycophyta, photos, information
- Life History and Ecology of Bacteria
- Lyme Disease: Borrelia burgdorferi IV
- Malaria Life Cycle Illustration
- Malaria Photomicrographs
- microbal ecology
- Microbe Zoo
- Microbiology and Immunology
- microbiology websites Excellent, extensive hyperlinks
- Micrococcus luteus Stained cells
- Molds in Food
- Monera Kingdom: Prokaryotes Discussion, illustrations, some hyperlinks
- Mushrooms: Poisonous
- Mycotic and Bacterial Diseases
- NanoWorld Homepage
- National Parks and wildlife conservation
- Nursinghome Abuse Guide
- Paramecium GIF
- Photomicrographs Protozoa
- Prokaryotes, Eukaryotes, and Viruses Tutorial
- Protist Picture Galery Mostly algae
- Serratia marcescens
- Slime Molds, Introduction
- Spirochaetes General Introduction Photos
- Stentor GIF
- Streptococcal Chain (20,000X)
- Systematics of the Bacteria
- T4 Bacteriophage
- Viral Architecture
- Virus Ultrastructure Photomicrographs
- Viruses: Introduction
- Vorticella GIF
- West Nile Virus Alert, fact sheets